POSITION: Grant Writer/ Coordinator
SUPERVISOR: Administrative Officer
SALARY: According to Budget
SUMMARY: Develops and coordinates grant funded programs for agencies, institutions, local government, or units of local government and prepares proposals for submittal to potential funding sources to obtain funds for ongoing or special economic development projects the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Identifies and researches corporate, foundation, and government sources of funding.
2. Researches funding source proposal requirements and submittal deadline calendar.
3. Reviews literature dealing with funds available through grants from governmental agencies and private foundations to determine feasibility of developing programs to supplement local annual budget allocations.
4. Discusses program requirements and sources of funds available with administrative personnel.
5. Confers with personnel affected by proposed program to develop program goals and objectives, outline how funds are to be used, and explain procedures necessary to obtain funding.
6. Work with Comptroller in preparing narrative justification for purchase of new equipment and other budgetary expenditures. Submit proposals to officials for approval.
7. Writes grant application, according to format requirements, and submits application to funding agency or foundation.
8. Meets with representatives of funding sources to work out final details of proposal.
9. Direct and coordinates evaluation and monitoring of grant funded programs, or writes specifications for evaluations and monitoring of program by outside agency.
10. Assists department personnel in writing periodic reports to comply with grant requirements.
11. Maintains master files on grants.
12. Monitors paperwork connected with grant funded programs.
13. Solicits business from potential clients.
14. Builds long-term financial advisory relationships with clients.
15. Assures area is in compliance with pertinent laws and regulations.
16. Assesses own strengths and weakness: Pursuant training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
17. Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; make timely decisions.
18. Sets and achieves challenging decisions; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
19. Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
20. Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meeting and appointments on time.
21. Follows instructions, responds to management direction; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternative plan.
22. Volunteers readily; undertake self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; take independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
23. Displays original thinking and creativity; meeting challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others attention.
24. Other duties assigned pertaining to the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to travel, pass a pre-employment alcohol and drug screening and have a valid driver’s license.
1. Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) or one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. An employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job must meet the physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
3. The work environment that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.